The most effective way to treat sleep disorder is to address its underlying cause. This often means making improvements in your sleep schedule, habits and routines, stress management, or sleeping environment. If you are diagnosed with a sleep disorder such as insomnia, the treatment for this requires proper medication.
People suffering from insomnia or from other sleep disorders are exposed to medicines of sleep aid. Insomnia may be caused due to thyroid disease, asthma, depression, birth control, common cold etc. that causes complaints of poor sleep among patients. These medicines gives relax to the patients as it forces the body to rest and recover from any mental stress of other problems.
Some of the most trusted brands for sleep aid are: Ambien, Lunesta, Adderall
The medication for helps patients in the following ways:
- Reduces number of night awakenings
- Increases sleep durability
- Improves sleep quality
How to Use
- 1. Follow the Medication guide or analyse the information leaflet provided by the doctor or pharmacist before you start taking the tablets or capsules. If you have any questions, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- 2. The medication is to be taken by mouth as directed by doctors. Do not take medication after a meal as it may not affect as quickly and effectively.
- 3. The dosage and response to the treatment may vary as per the patient’s age, gender and medical conditions. It should be taken once in a night or as per the prescription. Do not increase the dose or take or take it more often, longer than prescribed.
- 4. Women and older adults are usually prescribed lower dose to reduce the risk of side effects.
- 5. As the medications has withdrawal reactions, it is advised to take the prescribed dosage as it may cause problems such as nausea, vomiting, flushing, stomach cramps, nervousness, shakiness etc. Doctors gradually decrease the dosage in order to prevent the withdrawal effects.